Blogging is an digital marketing tool
Blogging is a concept that started in late 90'. It used to be a way to comment an existing webpages, an opportunity for visitors and readers to react or voice out one’s opinion on the said page. What started as a single-sentence commentary has evolved into pages of persons who take on just about anything and everything under the sun. As it continues to move forward, online advertising has tapped into the blog’s potential.
Here are 5 reasons why you should use blogging as an digital marketing tool.
1.Blogging is simple - The simplest way to get your piece on the net is through blogging. No skills are necessary … an average adult can read and type, or at least click a mouse. It’s like having a virtual piece of paper and you just write your ideas, experiences, new products, and hope that the truth behind your articles comes out and entice your readers to also try your product. In case you have a PC and an Internet connection, ... who doesn’t, then you can blog and advertise.
2. Blogging is authentic - In this day and age where advertising saturate our lives, we question the credibility of promoters’ claims. However, in blogs, real people share their real life experiences, unscathered by paid advertising. Reading blogs about first hand product use is like talking to people about their 'first hand' experience. You definitely want to buy a tried and tested product.
3. Blogging is free - Blogging does not yet to be proven as a mainstream online advertising media, most websites see it as something to augment current marketing tools and thus offer it for free. Any opportunity for free webtime is definitely a bonus especially to businesses that are starting up. Needless to say, paid blog pages or WordPress (self hosted) can generate more income for your seriously growing business.
4. Blogging builds credibility - As you get more and more into writing your experiences on a particular product or industry, your readers come to realize that they can depend on your posts for their own information needs. As such, you become an expert on it; as a consequence, more readers visit your website and more bloggers link to your blogs. As companies and professional organizations notice the growth of your readership base, they may soon get in touch with you for advertising on your blog page, or make you an affiliate, which pays for every referral generated from your blog site.
5. Blogging builds your market - Unless you are a Hollywood or Bollywood star, chances are, only your Mom or Dad reads your posts. Mom has a lot of friends, so she lets her friends know how interesting your blog site is. Yet ... do not depend on Mom to increase your readership base, unless she is also an expert marketeer or promotress.
Look into the following ways to build your market through blogging ...
- By using your eMail. Today, blogging is overcoming the eMail’s popularity in quickly and effectively reaching and expanding a market. In this age of speed and quick access, logging in and downloading eMail is simply taking longer than clicking into a blog site. Let them explore your website by using a short eMail message as teaser to your blog site. In case your eMail is on an entirely different subject, use your eMail signature to give a link to the website.
- By using subscription. An easy way to get your readers eMail address is to give them an opportunity to subscribe to your blog site. Keep some exclusive information for your subscribers to entice readers to subscribe and give their eMail address. Just be responsible in using their eMail address, as the last thing you want is a comment on your blog that you are a spammer or so.
- By understanding your readers. Conduct a simple survey for your readers to understand their profile and advertising preferences. Ask consumers to give you feedback on a post, an ad link, or a trial that you shared. In this way, it is like interviewing your readers without the commitment and intrusion of a 'face to face' interview.
- By joining a blog network. A network of blogs maybe a collection of blog sites that share the same industry, interest, readership base, payment mode, etc. Consumers find credibility and convenience in clicking one link to several real bloggers about a single subject. Clearly, more bloggers are better than one.
- By using RSS. RSS is a still growing technology on the Internet today. As such, having RSS feeds to your blog is definitely another means of generating awareness for your readership base. Having a variety of feeds can add interest to your blog site.
Give your business a boost by effectively using blogging as an digital marketing tool.