Ever wondered what sitemaps are for ??!
In any internet marketing endeavor, the best thing to do is to maintain a good linkage and to always stay indexed. There are many ways available online to have your website indexed and spidered. Using HTML sitemaps is a way you can utilize to make sure that your site is up to date in the internet and search engine databases.
What is a sitemap ?
A sitemap basically is a page that features or lists the links you have on your website. This will make it easier for search engines to proceed and spider your website. It is usually found near the bottom of the pages of a website or in the menu.
Why are sitemaps important ?
An HTML sitemap is still important. It should contain the top level pages. In one page, ... there should be just about the right amount of links in it. The links should not exceed 100 characters for more favorable viewing.
There are certain benefits in having a good HTML sitemap. This generally would assure any potential customer to easily navigate the site and find exactly what they came to look for. The sitemap page will serve as a tool for your visitors. This way they will opt to visit your site more when they can easily browse and find their way on your website. It can also ensure that your visitors can very well stay in your website.
Good links will also ensure you that spiders will locate your website easily each week, or month, depending of your configuration. This will make your site be indexed easier by the important search engines online. This will also avoid your website from being dropped.
However, ... HTML sitemaps may serve a more important purpose than merely as another link to click on. The specific purpose you should consider in having a sitemap is to make it easier for search engines robots (( .xml) robots.txt) to ‘crawl’ in your website. Pages are located by search engines through ‘crawling’. It is a process that goes through the index of a page, following the links and adding the pages to the database.
The problem would come in when search engines fail to locate the page because links are not that accessible. It is the sitemap that will address this dilemma. Search engines will be given access to the different links in your website simply by following the sitemap.
Here are some important pointers in creating your HTML sitemap ...
1. Get tutorials on how to make your sitemap. There are available pages online that can give you guideance in coming up with a good website.
2. You can also ensure that your sitemap looks good, to make it more pleasing to the eye of your visitor and to make navigation easier. You can get ideas for a properly designed sitemap online too.
3. Make sure that your sitemap will provide also the links to the important pages in your website. This way your visitors will not get lost. At the same time you can ensure that your guests will still be able to get the general idea of your website structure. It is advisable that you make links as simple as possible.
4. Make the link to your sitemap as visible and obvious as possible in your homepage. Visitors should not spend too much time in locating it or else you might end up losing them.
5. A sitemap serves more like a table of contents of your website. It should provide all of the different sections of your internet site with all the information and data that may be found in each section.
6. Each of the contents in your sitemap must have a hyperlink to its respective URL.
7. In case you will have to give way to numerous links, you can make use of several pages. You could number each sitemap page or you could also make use of the contents in naming each sitemap.
Having an HTML sitemap will furthermore help you in maximizing traffic to your website. Just make sure that your homepage as well as all the internal pages are properly indexed. Creating a sitemap will definitely make things more efficient for you. The links to all the pages in your website will be directly connected to your homepage ( ... https://digitalmarketinglifestyle.club/....... ).
Aim high for your online marketing endeavors. The more links you have to your website, the higher is the possibility of getting a good rank among the major search engines, so don’t hesitate to learn the rules of the game and make yourself a sure winner.